Types of work that I am currently doing;
I have mentioned in several posts that there are certain themes I am writing in my novels and there has been a question of just how many novels are you working on at the moment? Personally, I don’t know! I know that sounds really funny to some, but I have been writing loads of stories almost my whole life and I have never really sat back and wondered how many I am working on, because I just write what I feel like at the time. Yes, there are many novels which are 100% finished now, but to me they could still be in redrafting stages and many have been redrafted umpteempth times since two years ago. I only started redrafting my 30yrs of work two years ago, simply because I never thought it would be necessary and also because I was never sure if I could cope with writing as a career.
I think I am ready to say, I am now ready for this career, hence why a lot of my writing habits have changed recently.
I am totally self-taught, I have no formal education and I was home educated by a dyslexic parent throughout most of my childhood and pretty much neglected by social services to get on with it without too much interference. As an adult I have been kept too busy to take up education, but even now, I am trying to teach myself. I can’t afford even the cheapest monthly fee on skillshare yet, but I am hoping by the end of the year that I can do some of their courses to learn how to punctuate properly and use grammar and anything else I need to improve my writing for both my blog and my novels, before finally approaching that agent I want to. I have found an agent I like, but whether or not they will like me this time next year is another matter!
This post is going to tell you the types of novels I am working on or that have been finished, without revealing too much of the plot; but the list is not conclusive, these are just stories I am willing to throw out into the world in the next couple of years, with any luck!
- You all know how much I love my vampires; so it shouldn’t be a shock to tell you that I have twenty seven different stories already completed in both my mind and on paper, along with full encyclopaedias and fictional historical booklets based on that world. I have been working on this massive project since I was ten years old, yes ten years old! That’s a whopping twenty eight years! However, there is a list of seventy eight other stories I haven’t even finished yet, not even once that has been on the go for years, some are new.
- Recently you have learned my second favourite creature to write about are dragons and there are approximately five books I have been writing, three of which are near completion with hopefully their final drafts.
- Pirates are another fantasy thing I like to write about regularly and there are three separate pirate books to date. One of which is near its final draft and another is an off-shoot book to one of the dragon novels.
- Gargoyles also have their own books with this author, I have six novels with those and in two of them they are the main characters.
- I have written two novels with phoenixes as the main theme too.
- I have a whole series based on a character that lives in a hot air balloon, this is currently five books long, but there are more being planned.
- There are seven books based on robots. Half of which are fantasy more than sci-fi.
- There is a big series about giants, that is almost ten books strong and again, they are off-shoots of a dragon novel I have.
- There are loads of mermaid novels I have and various other new sea creatures, I haven’t actually counted those, but I do know that there are at least six finished. These are standalone novels, not a series.
- I have four separate series of werewolves, one of which I am very passionate about and spend a lot of time on.
- There is a demon erotica series I have been working on for the past eight years; the series is actually nearly complete now.
- There are three zombie books that are both standalone novels, too, two of which are more fantasy than horror and very comedic.
- There are five separate afterlife series I am working on, some are fantasy, some are horror and some are dystopian.
- There are fourteen dystopian series I am working on too, two of which are based on religious ideologies.
- There is a series of fairy stories for children too, which is approximately seven books and I regard as novellas.
- There are four Christmas themed books I have written too.
- There are four comics too, or, I think one of them is actually graphic novel rather than comic – this is dystopian and steam punk in style.
- I also have two ghost stories.
- I have a selection of horror too, which could be considered a series, but they are all standalones really.
- I know I have 777 poems on this blog, but there are at least 5000 off the blog that have never been published online anywhere.
- I have nine musical compositions as well, that has never been published anywhere.
- I have six operas written too as well as musicals for theatre, but I am so not confident about those right now.
- I have a series about little people that were inspired by Land of the giants and the borrowers.
There are probably more I haven’t mentioned yet, but these are the only things that come to mind right now for me. I do have a lot of work here, but I just haven’t had the confidence about really throwing myself out there. I am terrified of the consequences. I don’t want fame, I want my work to be enjoyed and I really want to see them as movies, but I don’t want to have a famous face. But I am getting used to the idea that maybe I will have no choice someday? I can’t keep my work hidden forever, I didn’t write it for it to be hidden and forgotten – those novels are like little people to me, they are like creatures that need to be nurtured and their only food is recognition. Their only source of nourishment is to be enjoyed and read, it keeps them alive! I believe in BIG MAGIC, I believe ideas are alive!